Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Kit, Kit, Kit.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kit is my favorite Girl. My Hubby and children bought Kit for me last year for Mother's Day.

    My Kit is beautiful and I love her dearly and would NEVER replace her, but I would like to have an earlier version too.

    Can anyone tell me what year Kit was released? I understand that there are some with softer vinyl? A rounder face? Maybe with round, darker freckles. Maybe like the one in Imagine magazine?

    3b035785

    Can anyone tell me anything to help me identify these older Kits on ebay? Is the lettering on the neck different, or is that just with Pre-Mattel dolls? I understand Kit is a Mattel creation.

    Also, Now I have seen the Kit with light blue eyes in my newest catalogue. Has anyone confirmed if there is indeed a new eye color for Kit?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kit was released in 2000, I think. You can check Curt's site. I'm interested to hear the responses here. I remember jenndon had some pictures once comparing their Kit and a newer Kit that was bought recently.

    ETA: Do a search for "Kit comparisons" that will help you find jenndon's post.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 04, 2006 04:04 PM: Message edited by: MOM to JILLIAN ]</font>

  3. #3
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Here are some comparison pics for you although my Kit may not be the best to compare to. She has been partially restored and in the process of removing marks on her face some of her paint has faded. Her vinyl is softer and has a yellowish/green/gray cast to it. I actually prefer the color of the newer Kit's but don't tell my girl that. [img]wink.gif[/img] Here's the link: My Albums

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 04, 2006 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Ashley's Mommy ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kit was introduced in the Fall 2000 Catalogue.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Your Kit is the Kit I always call my husband in to see, lol. She is beautiful. I know what you mean about the skin tone. I have a couple of girls who are that color.Even so, I think they are pretty. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    My Kit:
    a670fa38

    Thank you all. 2000 huh? That helps a lot. Thank you so much.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 04, 2006 04:59 PM: Message edited by: American_Mommy ]</font>

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's a zoom of my Kit's face. She was purchased the year they released Kit:

    http://www.angelfire.com/mi/FAST/dollchallenge.html

    It could be that they "touched up" the freckles in the magazine. They're not super-dark on my doll.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 04, 2006 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you, Melissa. She is lovely. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •